This May, join the entire solid-waste industry at the WasteExpo 2023 show in New Orleans, Louisiana. Attendees will learn from industry leaders, network with other businesses, and discover the latest innovations. WasteExpo is the leading event of its kind in North America. Thousands of waste experts meet at the expo each year to buy, sell and gather intel on the latest products and services. Exhibitors on the show floor showcase everything from vehicles to robotics to recycling equipment and technology.
If you are in the waste-management business and considering tradeshow marketing as a way to increase sales and distribution, this is a must-attend event! Read on to learn more about WasteExpo 2023, plus our tips on creating a show-stopping booth.
Looking for a local New Orleans tradeshow booth builder for the upcoming WasteExpo? Contact Exhibit Experience for your complimentary consultation.
Where and when is WasteExpo?
Date: May 1-4, 2023
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Venue: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
Trade show hours:
- Tuesday, May 2, 2023: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 3: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, May 4: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Accommodations & Travel
onPeak is the official housing provider for WasteExpo, and they offer discounted rates and convenient hotel options at New Orleans hotels. Find out more about their discounted hotel rates on the show’s Travel page.
Exhibitors at WasteExpo
Over 500 companies exhibited at the 2022 show, according to the WasteExpo 2023 Prospectus. Of these, 93 percent of exhibitors would recommend the Waste Expo, and 84 percent send proposals to customers based on their WasteExpo meetings.
Below is a list of the types of companies WasteExpo 2023 will have on their show floor.
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Business Services
- Collection & Transfer
- Compostable Plastics
- Composting Equipment
- Composting Systems & Technologies
- Computer Hardware & Software
- Construction & Demolition
- Fleet Safety
- Hazardous Waste Equipment & Services
- Hydraulic Components
- Landfill Equipment & Services
- Material Handling
- Medical & Infectious Waste
- Odor Control Equipment
- Organics Recycling
- Recycling Equipment & Companies
- Recycling Systems
- Refuse & Recycling Equipment
- Refuse Truck Bodies and Chassis
- Safety Equipment
- Transportation Management Logistics
- Truck Equipment
- Waste Services Companies
- Waste-to-Energy Products & Services
- Wastewater Treatment
- Wireless Communication
As you can see, waste, as defined by exhibitors, is a much broader business and encompasses a huge array of companies. In some ways, this show is as much about technology and advancements as consumer shows such as CES Trade Show Las Vegas.
Attendees at WasteExpo
Last year’s show saw over 12,000 total people in attendance, nearly 9,000 of which were motivated buyers. Of these buyers:
- 97% would recommend WasteExpo to colleagues.
- 80% researched new products, suppliers, or vendors while there.
- 45% purchased a product and/or service as a direct result of seeing it at the expo.
- 42% attend only WasteExpo, and no other show.
Many of these attendees are decision makers of the highest caliber and have job titles with significant buying power:
- 34% Financial & Sales Management
- 31% Corporate Management
- 16% Operations Management
- 12% Consultant
- 7% Engineering & Maintenance
These professionals come from across the waste management industry, from waste services and recycling companies and governmental offices to equipment manufacturers, waste generators, and more. Waste is a critical issue in sustainability and some of the most prolific environmentalists will also be in attendance providing the latest information on advancements in the industry.
You will not want to miss out on this opportunity to secure contracts, obtain new business, and launch new products. This show accelerates your chance to close deals in person, whether your sector is private, public, or waste generating.
According to the WasteExpo website, attendees come from the following businesses and organizations:
- Waste Services Companies (Private or Publicly Traded Refuse Firms, Landfill Owners/Operators, Independent Contractors)
- Government Officials (Municipalities, County Agencies, Regional Authorities, Special Districts, State and Federal Governments and Public Landfill, Composting, and Anaerobic Digestion Sites)
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Distributors & Dealers
- Consulting Engineering Firms (Consultants, Architects, R&D Organizations)
- Recycling Firms (Secondary Materials Processors, Contractors, and Recyclers)
- Composting & Organics Recycling Professionals
- Waste Generators (Businesses and Organizations that Create Waste in Manufacturing, Retailing and/or Providing Services)
- Food Waste Recovery Experts
- Legal, Insurance & Financial Firms
- Healthcare Waste/Medical Waste Professionals
- Software Companies
- General Contractors
- Transportation (Trucking Professionals, Suppliers, Fleet Owners, Operators, Maintenance Professionals)
No matter their organization or role though, they’ll all looking for one thing: innovation solutions to their very waste-ful problems.
What is the best way to exhibit at WasteExpo?
Success depends on you and your exhibit team’s ability to draw in a crowd. Having the right approach to your booth’s message can make all the difference. Here are a few things you can do in the remaining days leading up to the expo:
- Pick the focal point, and product/service.
- Which of your products best fit attendees needs?
- Do you have any new products, services or technologies that offer solutions to the attendee?
- How can you let attendees experience these new things?
- Design a marketing/content campaign around what’s relevant and what’s new.
- Design a memorable in-booth experience.
- No matter the size, your booth should tell a seamless brand story.
- Pro Tip: include an interactive experience for your booth visitors.
- Build and train the right team.
- Having the right booth staff is just as important as having the right design.
- Include a mix of people from sales, technical, customer service and management.
- Ditch the hard sell.
- Instead of trying to get sales, focus instead on how your products or services solve a problem.
- Create an itinerary with the networking and social events, educational sessions, and other activities you want to attend. This way you and your team will know when you’ll be at the booth.
- Follow up. Use the travel time home to send follow-up emails to thank visitors for their time and remind them about your company.
Experience is key when it comes to standing out at large-scale tradeshows. WasteExpo exhibit booth rentals require expert administration, management, and design, with the show and brand needs in mind. Local tradeshow exhibit rentals from experienced booth builders, like Exhibit Experience, for the upcoming WasteExpo will help you go that extra mile.
Curious about how much booths cost? Read our Costs of Exhibiting After 2023 article.
Need a reliable booth builder for the WasteExpo?
Exhibit Experience is the preferred trade show booth builder for the WasteExpo show. We produce state-of-the-art exhibits within a variety of budgets. From custom to pre-certified exhibits, we’ll have the booth you need to show your company the right way.
- Design and build your exhibit to the right specs
- Provide 24-hour support throughout the trade show.
- Set up and take down your booth
The Exhibit Experience team has over two decades of experience delivering custom exhibits and custom modular exhibits that see instant results. Our exhibit management services are all-inclusive, from design to delivery. We will deliver your exhibit on time, on budget, and following all safety protocols.
If you are looking for a WasteExpo trade show booth builder, look no further than Exhibit Experience! Contact us today for a complimentary consultation.