The Offshore Technology Conference in Houston is back for its’ 52nd year from August 16 to 19, 2021. The OTC Conference is held annually at NRG Park in Houston, encompasses 11.5 miles, and offers 564,000 square feet of convention center flooring to exhibitors.
This show is one of the industry standards and it includes:
- 23 international pavilions;
- Over 60,000 energy professionals attending from over 100 countries;
- 23 networking breakfasts and luncheons;
- Over 350 technical presentations;
- 8 panel sessions;
- and much more.
In the era of renewable energy, this conference and trade show is an incredible platform for scientists and oil professionals to network and discuss the ways in which we use the natural resources under the water. Attendees and exhibitors will showcase leading-edge technology for offshore drilling, exploration, production, and environmental protection.
The conference is sponsored by 13 industries and societies:
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG),
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE),
- American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers (AIME),
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE),
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME),
- Brazilian Gas and Biofuels Institute (IBP),
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers – Oceanic Engineering Society (IEEE-OES),
- Marine Technology Society (MTS),
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG),
- Society of Mining Metallurgy and Exploration (SME),
- Society of Naval Architects and Engineers (SNAME),
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), and
- The Minerals Metals and Materials Society (TMS).
While the OTC Conference usually takes place in May, the OTC Board of Directors postponed the conference to August due to the ongoing challenges presented by COVID-19. They are committed to ensuring the health and safety of partners, attendees, exhibitors, staff, and the community. That’s why they will follow the safety guidelines outlined by federal, state, and local governmental agencies and health authorities. Read the complete details here.
In addition to the safety precautions, OTC 2021 will also have a virtual component. Exhibitors can reserve an in-person booth space and / or a virtual booth space!
Registration is now open! If you have not reserved your exhibit spot, you should do so as soon as possible.
What do you get when you book a booth at OTC?
OTC’s exhibitor package is standard. However, the booth costs are roughly 50% less than most shows, so be sure to get pricing ahead of time. Your OTC booth space includes:
- 8ft high draping and 3 ft, 7×44 identification sign;
- Crate unload, and crate removal;
- Nightly vacuuming;
- Five exhibitor badges per 100 square footage space;
- Discount registration rates;
- Carpet; and
- Exhibit listing in marketing materials.
Of course, exposure and networking opportunities should be at the top of that list! Decision-making executives with top purchasing power will move through the trade show for four whole days. Whether you are an industry leader, a country with interests at stake, or provide services to offshore technology, you will need an exhibit booth rental! Your representation at this event is critical.
Tips from the Exhibit Experience experts
For over a decade, Exhibit Experience has assisted clients who exhibit at the OTC show. There are three things we believe every exhibitor should know before heading to the Houston Convention Center.
How to Book your Spot
First time exhibitors should contact show organizers directly, then contact Exhibit Experience. Whether you need a 10×10 or 10×20 booth, we offer all-inclusive trade show exhibit booth rentals and can provide custom and custom modular exhibits at a fraction of the cost.
Floor to Ceiling:
The floor separates your booth from your competitors and is an imperative first impression. Our base-package booths start with standard carpet flooring and include customized flooring options. In fact, we highly recommend choosing one of our many flooring options. For example, the Maple Flex Floor is an industry standard.
Making the most of your marketing collateral is essential at big industry shows like OTC. Chargers are the most common give-away item. So think outside the box! We were impressed one year by a stress ball made in the shape of a tree – it was a highly creative piece of branded collateral! If you’re not sure what to bring, we will help you choose marketing collateral that works for you and makes a statement.