This July, sportfishing industry professionals, retailers, and manufacturers will gather for the International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades (ICAST) 2022 show in Orlando, Florida. The world’s largest sportfishing trade show, ICAST is open only to qualified industry members, meaning that attendees and exhibitors alike are dedicated to strengthening valuable business relationships.
The American Sportfishing Association (ASA) organizes ICAST each year to support the sportfishing industry trade and represent both the sportfishing industry and the boating industry’s interests. ASA is committed to ensuring the industry remains strong and prosperous, as well as to safeguard and promote the enduring economic, conservation, and social values of sportfishing in America.
ICAST is the largest gathering of fishing professionals anywhere in the world. It sees more buyers and media coverage than any other fishing show in the nation, making it the best platform to promote your brand.
Will you be there to reel in all these potential customers?
Looking for a local Orlando tradeshow booth builder for the upcoming ICAST 2022? Contact Exhibit Experience for your complimentary consultation.
When & where for ICAST 2022
Date: July 19-22, 2022
Location: Orange County Convention Center
Wednesday, July 20th — 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Thursday, July 21st — 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday, July 22nd — 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Hotel & Accommodations
ASA partnered with Maritz Global Events to secure discounted rates for show attendees and exhibitors. For more information and a list of hotels offering the exclusive rates, visit the ICAST 2022 Hotels and Shuttle webpage.
Who attends ICAST?
Everyone attending ICAST is a qualified industry member. ASA vets all attendees before approving their registration, so you can rest assured that everyone you meet on the show floor is committed to finding the next big thing for their business. In fact, 94% of attendees at the 2019 show indicated that they were satisfied or very satisfied with ICAST.
This year, you can expect to meet people from the following sub-sections of the industry:
- Independent Shop Owners
- Independent Manufacturers’ Reps
- Custom Tackle Builders and Industry Representatives.
Question is, what exactly are these attendees fishing for?
There are three main reasons people attend ICAST:
- Network with experts to learn about other aspects of the fishing community, including legislative policy, conservation, and better business practices.
- Discover new products that their customers need and want for their fishing experiences.
- Browse the international marketplace for popular brands from Australia, Japan, and multiple European countries.
If your company manufacturers or offers up innovative fishing gear, clothing, marine accessories, or any other product that will give sports fishing professionals an edge next time they’re out on the water, you need to exhibit at ICAST 2022.
What exhibit booth trends to expect at ICAST 2022
As a local exhibit house, we have attended shows like ICAST 2022 for over 20 years. Our designers and staff are leaders and experts when it comes to building exhibit booths that work.
There are three exhibit trends we predict will be out in full force this year.
- Booths are designed with safety in mind. With the risk of transmission still a concern for many in the US, exhibitors are creating booths and layouts that will allow attendees to gather in a socially distanced way. Exhibit Experience is familiar with all the health and safety regulations and can ensure your booth is a safe space for all.
- Creativity with how you use your booth space. Traditional marketing tactics have been overused in the past few years. Attendees are craving new, innovative marketing and will be drawn to those booths that stand out with their unique approach. The design team at Exhibit Experience can transform your brand into something truly unique.
- Using AR and VR technology to give attendees a virtually hands-on experience. This cutting-edge technology lets your prospective buyers test run your product in a controlled, safe environment. Exhibit Experience can incorporate an AR and VR component so you can give show attendees a true taste of your products’ capabilities.
How to design a stellar ICAST 2022 booth
With those trends in mind, here are a few booth-building tips that’ll have attendees clamoring to see what you’ve got to offer.
- Pick the focal point and product/service.
- Which of your products best fit attendees needs?
- Do you have any new products, services or technologies that offer solutions to the attendee?
- How can you let attendees experience these new things?
- Design a marketing/content campaign around what’s relevant and what’s new.
- Choose the right booth size for your message.
- 10’ x 10’: ideal for a single product or service, or a small line of products. You have room for multiple display cases, 3D graphic wall, custom light display and flooring, and one seating configuration.
- 10 x 20: good solution for those showing a variety of products in the booth. It has 20 feet of graphic back wall, multiple seating configurations for demonstrations and education, in addition to custom light and flooring that come standard with our exhibit rentals.
- 20 x 20: Exhibit Experience usually recommends 20’ x 20’ booths, as these offer demonstration space, enclosures for private viewing, and dozens of other configuration options. However, we understand that many companies have limited budgets this year.
- Decide if you will rent or DIY your booth.
- Experience is key when it comes to standing out at large-scale tradeshows.
- Local tradeshow exhibit rentals for the upcoming ICAST 2022 show will help you go that extra mile.
- Design a memorable in-booth experience.
- No matter the size, your booth should tell a seamless brand story.
- Pro Tip: include an interactive experience for your booth visitors.
- Build and train the right team.
- Having the right booth staff is just as important as having the right design.
- Include a mix of people from sales, technical, customer service and management.
- Ditch the hard sell.
- Instead of trying to get sales, focus instead on how your products or services solve a problem.
- Create an itinerary with the networking and social events, educational sessions, and other activities you want to attend. This way you and your team will know when you’ll be at the booth.
- Follow up. Use the travel time home to send follow-up emails to thank visitors for their time and remind them about your company.
Who is a reliable booth builder for the ICAST 2022?
Exhibit Experience is the preferred trade show booth builder for the upcoming ICAST 2022 show. We produce state-of-the-art exhibits within a variety of budgets. From custom to pre-certified exhibits, we’ll have the booth you need to show your company the right way.
- Design and build your exhibit to the right specs
- Provide 24-hour support throughout the trade show.
- Set up and take down your booth
The Exhibit Experience team has over two decades of experience delivering custom exhibits and custom modular exhibits that see instant results. Our exhibit management services are all-inclusive, from design to delivery. We will deliver your exhibit on time, on budget, and following all safety protocols.
If you are looking for an ICAST 2022 trade show booth builder, look no further than Exhibit Experience! Contact us today for a complimentary consultation.