Next February, exhibit at the golf course management industry’s premier learning and networking event— GCSAA Conference and Trade Show in Orlando, Florida. This show attracts key decisions makers and professionals from every aspect of the golf course and facility management. They gather to browse the largest exhibit floor in the industry, attend education workshops and courses, network, and discover new solutions for the unique issues they face.
If you’re planning on exhibiting at the GCSAA 2023, you’ll need to take the best shot, from drives to putts. We’ve put together everything you need to know to make your booth a success.
Looking for a local Orlando tradeshow booth builder for the upcoming GCSAA 2023? Contact Exhibit Experience for your complimentary consultation.
Where and when is GCSAA 2023?
Date: February 6 – 9, 2023
Location: Orlando, Florida
Venue: Orange County Convention Center
Trade show hours:
- Wednesday, February 8: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, February 9: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Accommodations & Travel
Connections Housing is the official housing provider for GCSAA 2023, and they offer convenient hotel options with flexible change and cancellation policies on Orlando area hotels. Find out more about their discounted hotel rates on their Hotel Travel page.
According to the GCSAA trade show profile, show organizers predict 5,000 qualified buyers and 450 exhibitors at the 2023 show. Numbers aren’t the only thing to look at when you’re determining the value of a show such as this. Afterall, you can speak to 100 people, but if they’re not the RIGHT people, it won’t matter.
Luckily, the GCSAA attendees are all qualified buyers as well.
These highly qualified buyers will spend the four conference days cultivating the growth of their respective clubs. Each day has a unique theme designed to help them expand their club, facility and membership:
- Monday – Champions of the course
- Tuesday – Immersive education
- Wednesday – Discovering innovation (on the trade show floor)
- Thursday – Celebrating you (demos and interactive displays on the trade show floor)
Exhibitors will have their chance to shine on Wednesday and Thursday. Knowing who you’re going to meet will help you take your shot and gather valuable leads. According to the 2023 Sponsorship and Marketing Guide, last year’s show saw 3,462 qualified buyers from every aspect of the golf course, club, and facility management industry, including:
- Golf course superintendents (68%)
- Golf course distributors and dealers (9%)
- Equipment managers (4%)
- Golf course owners and operators, general managers, COOs, CFOs (1%)
- Other (18%)
- Golf course architects
- Golf course builders
- Membership marketing directors
- Turf industry representatives
- Assistant golf course superintendents
Most of the buyers represent private clubs (67%) while the rest are from public (22%) or municipal (11%) facilities. 73 percent have a maintenance budget of $750,000 and over. Last year, 530 qualified buyers made a purchase at, or intended to finalize a purchase following, the show.
With that kind of budget available, you’ll want to take advantage of this unique opportunity to draw their attention. Increase your chances of making that shot with these tips from the experts at Exhibit Experience.
It’s difficult but not impossible to get a hole in one at GCSAA. Understanding what they’re looking for, and why they’re attending the show, will help you cater your booth to their needs. Here are the top eight reasons from 2022 show goers:
- 88% Looked for new products
- 84% Networked with exhibitors
- 83% Obtained new information
- 73% Looked for new trends
- 55% Researched for upcoming purchase
- 50% Discussed a purchase
- 23% Set a meeting
- 9% Made a purchase
Here are a few things you can do to make sure your booth draws a crowd:
- Pick the focal point, and product/service.
- Which of your products best answer attendees needs (those eight reasons for attending)?
- Do you have any new products, services or technologies that offer solutions to the attendee?
- How can you let attendees experience these new things?
- Design a marketing/content campaign around what’s relevant and what’s new.
- Choose the right booth size for your message.
- 10’ x 10’: ideal for a single product or service, or a small line of products. You have room for multiple display cases, 3D graphic wall, custom light display and flooring, and one seating configuration.
- 10 x 20: good solution for those showing a variety of products in the booth. It has 20 feet of graphic back wall, multiple seating configurations for demonstrations and education, in addition to custom light and flooring that come standard with our exhibit rentals.
- 20 x 20: Exhibit Experience usually recommends 20’ x 20’ booths, as these offer demonstration space, enclosures for private viewing, and dozens of other configuration options. However, we understand that many companies have limited budgets this year.
- Decide if you will rent or DIY your booth.
- Experience is key when it comes to standing out at large-scale tradeshows.
- Local tradeshow exhibit rentals for the upcoming GCSAA 2023 show will help you go that extra mile.
- Design a memorable in-booth experience.
- No matter the size, your booth should tell a seamless brand story.
- Pro Tip: include an interactive experience for your booth visitors.
- Build and train the right team.
- Having the right booth staff is just as important as having the right design.
- Include a mix of people from sales, technical, customer service and management.
- Ditch the hard sell.
- Instead of trying to get sales, focus instead on how your products or services solve a problem.
- Create an itinerary with the networking and social events, educational sessions, and other activities you want to attend. This way you and your team will know when you’ll be at the booth.
- Follow up. Use the travel time home to send follow-up emails to thank visitors for their time and remind them about your company.
Curious about how much booths cost? Read our Costs of Exhibiting After 2021 article.
Need a reliable booth builder for the GCSAA 2023?
Exhibit Experience is the preferred trade show booth builder for the GCSAA 2023 show. We produce state-of-the-art exhibits within a variety of budgets. From custom to pre-certified exhibits, we’ll have the booth you need to show your company the right way.
- Design and build your exhibit to the right specs
- Provide 24-hour support throughout the trade show.
- Set up and take down your booth
The Exhibit Experience team has over two decades of experience delivering custom exhibits and custom modular exhibits that see instant results. Our exhibit management services are all-inclusive, from design to delivery. We will deliver your exhibit on time, on budget, and following all safety protocols.
If you are looking for a GCSAA 2023 trade show booth builder, look no further than Exhibit Experience! Contact us today for a complimentary consultation.