The DEMA Show 2021 is coming to Las Vegas this November! Professionals, leaders and decision makers from the scuba diving, ocean sports and adventure travel industries will meet up at the Las Vegas Convention center for the largest professionals-only event in the world. Organized by DEMA in partnership with GoDiveNow, this four-day event features the grand trade show and exhibition, educational seminars and workshops, and networking events.
The largest dive-industry trade-only event in the world, the DEMA Show 2021 is the place to be to discover new opportunities, products, services and business connections. Want to make sure your brand makes a huge splash? Read on for Exhibit Experience’s official guide to the DEMA Show 2021.
Already planning to attend and need an exhibit? Contact Exhibit Experience today.
DEMA Show 2021 Details
Date: November 15-19, 2021
Location: Las Vegas Convention Center
Tuesday, November 16: 10am – 6pm
Wednesday, November 17: 10am – 6pm
Thursday, November 18: 10am – 6pm
Friday, November 19: 10am – 5pm
Health & Safety:
DEMA Show organizers are committed to delivering a great show in November. In order to do that, they need to ensure the health and safety of everyone in attendance. DEMA and the Las Vegas Convention Center will follow all state and local requirements; as these change from week to week, it is best to visit the DEMA Show Health and Safety webpage for regular updates.
As of writing this guide, the city of Las Vegas has lifted most COVID restrictions and is operating at pre-COVID standards. This means the DEMA Show 2021 layout is very similar to previous show floor plans. Individuals who wish to take additional safety precautions beyond government mandates can and are encouraged to do so.
Accommodations & Travel:
The DEMA Show has secured rooms for attendees and exhibitors at the Westgate, Renaissance Hotel, and the brand new Resorts World Las Vegas. When you book through their website, you will receive the show’s rates on your rooms.
Travel to and from your hotel and the convention center is easy! There will be a shuttle bus service available for registered guests and the show has secured exclusive fare discounts on the Las Vegas Monorail. Learn more about travel options on their website.
The annual DEMA Show plays host to thousands of dive- and travel industry professionals from around the world. Since the DEMA Show is not open to consumers, exhibitors are guaranteed that everyone visiting their booth is there with a purpose. These are qualified, registered professionals that browse the tradeshow floor with the intention of sourcing new products and services.
Attendees come from a variety of dive, adventure travel, and ocean sports businesses:
- Diving Retailers and Staff
- Other Ocean Sports and Related Retailers
- Equipment Repair Technicians and Shop Owners
- Boat/Live Aboard Operators
- Commercial Divers
- Safety/Search and Rescue Divers
- Dive Resort Operators
- Divemasters, Instructors, and Assistant Instructors
- Dive Training and Certification Agencies
- Dive-Related Environmental Organizations
- Dive-Related Professional Photographers and Videographers
- Government and Military Divers
- Educational/Institutional Organizations
- Distributors and Exporters
- Manufacturer Representatives
- Travel Agent/Retailers
- Travel Wholesalers
- Travel Association Professionals
- Cruise Ship Lines, Operators, and Professionals
Nearly 10,000 people are expected to attend this year. Statistics from previous shows provide some idea of what you can expect from the people you will meet at the show:
- 55% of Attendees’ primary choice for attending DEMA Show Online 2020 was to see new and innovative products or to evaluate products to purchase later.
- 2019 saw 4,196 were verified buyers and 1,724 registered buyers
- 41.7% list their primary business classification as Retail Dive Store.
- 61% have the final say when it comes to their company’s purchasing decisions
- 24% visiting the DEMA Show for the first time
- Top 5 reasons attendees came to the show:
- See demonstrations and evaluate new products/services
- Network with other members of the Diving industry
- Make purchasing decisions (order later)
- Identify new vendors
- Examine future business opportunities
While networking with the over 9,500 credentialed industry colleagues, attendees and exhibitors can also take advantage of the DEMA Show’s educational program. The show has organized over 250 professional development sessions featuring industry trends, current economic topics, and technical training. Speakers from around the world will share their unique perspectives and actionable solutions.
Online sessions will take place from October 12 to November 3rd, with in-person workshops held during the show.
New this year is the DEMA 2021 Marketing Education Badge Program. These are professional development sessions that lead to a Digital Credential in Marketing Education. All attendees complete five designated sessions to receive their badges.
The DEMA Show is a globally recognized exhibition showcasing the latest industry products, services, and more. Over 600 leading dive equipment manufacturers, travel destinations, apparel wholesalers, and service providers convene to network, demonstrate and connect with new buyers. Exhibitors leave the show with better brand recognition, high-quality leads, and enhanced ROI.
Booths are available in various sizes, so you can find the one that suits your organization’s goal and budget. Historically, the 10×10 booth is the most popular; DEMA Show 2019 had 602 exhibiting companies spread out over 1,271 10×10 booths.
If you haven’t registered already, you should do so now, as space is booking up quickly.
The DEMA Show offers Online Sponsorship opportunities (at an added cost) to help exhibitors stay above the waves. Online sponsorship is designed to increase your presence, build your brand and make sure attendees visit your booth. Read more about Online Sponsorship at DEMA 2021 in their brochure.
In a whole ocean of exhibits, how can you make a splash? Exhibit Experience is here to help you swim!
Exhibit Experience’s Booth Tips
It’s hard to stand out on such a prestigious tradeshow floor. Exhibit Experience has spent years designing and setting up winning booths at the Las Vegas Convention Center. We know how to make the most of a big show like DEMA … and we’re sharing a few of our tips with you.
- Determine your booth plan:
- Will you rent, build, or use existing materials?
- Design a memorable in-booth experience:
- No matter the size, your booth should tell a seamless brand story.
- Make sure everything in your booth speaks to visitors as if they’re already “in the know”; all attendees are in the dive industry business!
- Pro Tip: include an interactive experience for your booth visitors.
- Build and train the right team:
- Having the right booth staff is just as important as having the right design;
- Include a mix of people from sales, technical, customer service, and management;
- Designate one staff member to speak with industry Buyers (the DEMA Show provides them with badges).
- Designate another staff member to speak with industry Instructors (the DEMA Show provides them with badges).
- Ditch the hard sell:
- Instead of trying to get sales, focus instead on solving the challenges your audience faces each day.
- Use the DEMA Show’s Lead Retrieval tools to make sure your targeted leads don’t get away.
- After the show, follow up with these leads right away!
- Stay excited about the industry!
- New attendees will be more likely to return if you’re booth feels engaging and passionate about your products.
- Returning attendees will be reminded of why they’re in the business – and why they want to visit you, specifically.
Exhibit Experience can help you plan for the perfect show; we will:
- Design and build your exhibit to the right specs
- Provide 24-hour support throughout the trade show.
- Set up and take down your booth
Exhibit Experience is a local Las Vegas Exhibit House that offers turnkey exhibit booth rental services. We have over two decades of experience delivering custom exhibits and custom modular exhibits that see instant results.
Exhibit Experience produces state-of-the-art exhibits within a variety of budgets. From custom to pre-certified exhibits, we’ll have the booth you need to show your company the right way. Our exhibit management services are all-inclusive, from design to delivery. We will deliver your exhibit on time, on budget, and following all safety protocols.
If you are interested in exhibiting at the DEMA Show 2021 and don’t know where to begin, contact us for a complimentary consultation.