Top Ten Trade Shows in US: What Booth Goes to What Show
Larger booths do not necessarily equate to larger sales, and larger audiences do not necessarily relate to larger booths. There are several factors to consider when determining your booth size from the exhibitor standpoint and also considering budget. If you are showing at ICUEE, chances are you will not be able to show a forklift on the trade show floor, unless your booth is 30×50. However, that does not mean that you should not show because there are AV options that will present your equipment in a better light than on the floor with LED video screens in a smaller booth configuration. Below are the top ten trade shows by attendance and our suggestions for trade show booth size. Our teams are expert in stretching your budget on a show floor and our ingenuity and creativity have been mainstays in our growth, contact our team if you are exhibiting in 2019 or 2020.
Top Ten Shows Based on Attendees
- SEMA 2017 Show (Specialty Equipment Market Association) – 162,756- November 6-9, 2019 in Las Vegas is like one big showroom and your exhibit does not need to be highly customized, but it needs to be large enough for demonstration or show area for automobiles. We recommend a 30×50 exhibit at this show, or booths with oversize walls with interactive displays.
- Consumer Electronics Show – 116,958- January 7-10 2020 in Las Vegas shows so many products that your brand can easily be lost on the floor. We recommend a 20×20 exhibit size in an island configuration that saves on customization and is built with customized graphics and modular frames. Spaces custom configured for demonstration and product will hold interest and overhead signage attracts more attention to your brand.
- CONEXPO-CON/AGG – 92,836- March 10-14 2020 in Las Vegas is also a trade show that requires more exhibit space. Again, we recommend a larger configuration, of 20×30, to include product display, and interactive demonstration space.
- Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market – 92,120- January 14-21 2020 the largest design and furnishing expo takes place and exhibits that show the best offer mock rooms or extensive product displays. Linear configurations with dividing spaces, visible from many angles of the trade show floor work best.
- Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market – July – 86,871- July 10-15 2019 is right around the corner and Exhibit Experience can deliver a custom shell with seamless graphics, to make up 4 rooms in under 45 days. A 10×40 exhibit space could also be reconfigured with new graphics for multiple shows.
- MAGIC Market Week – 80,560- August 12-14 2019 in Las Vegas is the largest fashion and garment industry show with thousands of manufacturers and distributors with millions of purchasing power on the trade show floor. Size is not necessary at MAGIC unless you have a large collection. Smaller exhibits with less distraction has become a trend at this show, however drawing attendees in with a LED skin dynamic wall with video reel is a highly effective trade show tool. You will save on space rental and spend more on AV, but this is one distribution of budget that is something we recommend for this show.
- Mid-America Trucking Show – 72,271-March 26-28 2020 in Kentucky can require a larger or smaller booth depending on your brand proposition, if you are showing equipment, the larger 30×50 is requisite, while a smaller interactive space with multiple areas for conference rooms and dynamic video walls is effective.
- NAB Show – 68,902-April 18-22 2020 in Las Vegas does not require size but does require function for visual communication. This trade show focuses on journalistic content and broadcast capabilities, to the communication of content is paramount and requires advanced AV. A booth of 10×20 allows conversation space, av demonstration and communication, and welcome desks.
- 2017 NBAA-BACE Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition – 25,630-October 22-24 2019 in Las Vegas is a bigger show that performs better with a bigger booth. The 20×20 exhibit space is a classic configuration for the NBAA show, whether it it in Las Vegas or Orlando. We recommend a private conference area, seating grouping, and small demonstration space, with overhead signage for this show.
- ICUEE – The Intl. Construction & Utility Equipment Exposition – 10,450-October 1-3 2019 in Kentucky is a show whose booth sizes vary widely. The equipment, if shown, requires large amounts of space and booth sizes of 30×50, however, some technology and equipment is best displayed with AV functions. For this show, we recommend something in the middle, a 20×40 exhibit built with modular frames with some display and one LED skin wall.
AV technology comes standard in our exhibit rental packages, along with custom flooring, furnishings, and signage. Contact our staff if you are considering showing at any of the big ten!