In January, licensors, licensees, retailers and colleges will converge in Las Vegas for the Sports Licensing and Tailgate Show (SLTS). The SLTS is the premier trade show for licensed products; buyers from across the country will be there, browsing the exhibition hall for the next big product to see in their stores. With nearly 400 exhibiting companies on hand, there is a product for practically everyone.
Planning to exhibit and get your products in front of qualified buyers? Read on for the Exhibit Experience guide to the SLTS.
Already planning to attend and need an exhibit? Contact Exhibit Experience today.
Sports Licensing and Tailgate Show Details
Date: January 19-21, 2022
Location: Las Vegas Convention Center
Wednesday, Jan 19, 2022: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday, Jan 20, 2022: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday, Jan 21, 2022: 9:00am – 2:00pm
Travel & Accommodations
Emerald Expositions and the Sports Licensing and Tailgate Show have partnered with EventSphere as the official housing coordinator. You can book your accommodations on their website here. Taxis, Ubers and Lyft are available in Las Vegas for local travel.
Health & Safety
The Sports Licensing and Tailgate Show is organized by Emerald, a leading operator of business-to-business tradeshows in the United States. With the ever-evolving situation, it is best to check the Emerald COVID-19 Resources page closer to the day of the event.
Who will be there?
The SLTS is a trade-only event; the show is NOT open to the public. This means that everyone in attendance is a qualified buyer or industry professional from retail stores that sell sports-related licensed products or tailgating supplies. Some notable retailers to attend the 2020 show were:
- Academy Sports & Outdoors
- Belk Inc.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Dunham’s Sports
- Hibbett Sports
- JC Penney
- Rally House
Attendees come from a wide range of companies and categories, including (but not limited to):
- Independent & Chain Sporting Goods Stores
- Mass Market
- Warehouse/Wholesale Clubs
- Licensed Specialty Shops
- Drug & Convenience Stores
- College Book Stores
- Professional & Collegiate Teams and Leagues
- Department Stores
- Collectibles/Gift Stores
- Discount Stores
- Mail Order/Catalog Houses
- Grocery Stores
- Hardware Stores
- Sporting Venues
- Online Retailers
- Fan Shops
All professional leagues and collegiate teams will be at the SLTS in 2022. In fact, 2020 saw an increase in the collegiate licensing segment; there were more than 150 college licensing departments at the show, and it looks like that number will only get larger for 2022.
While at the SLTS, attendees spend the majority of their time browsing the exhibition floor. They will also attend networking events and educational seminars. These activities are designed to help attendees and exhibitors alike find out what’s happening in the industry and apply those lessons to their own company.
Exhibiting at the Show
With over 5,000 people from across the country expected to attend the SLTC, it’s no surprise that nearly 400 license-holding companies exhibit at the show. Some notable companies returning to the tradeshow floor are: Collegiate Licensing Company, NASCAR, National Hockey League and NBA Properties Inc.
This is a deal-making show; retailers are there and ready to buy.
The results from the 2020 show are proof. Over $20 million orders were written through the License to Buy program alone in 2020!
So what exactly are these companies looking for?
Exhibitors and manufacturers that hold licenses for any professional or collegiate sports teams. The products can span any of the following categories:
- Collectibles & Trading Cards
- Gifts & Novelties
- Home Furnishings & Housewares
- Imprinted/Embroidered Items
- Picnic/Tailgating Products
- Sports Equipment
- Stationery & School Supplies
- Toys & games
If your company fits within those specifications, you should register for the show now! This is your chance to show off your latest products and licenses and write orders right on the show floor.
There are a few things you can do to make sure your booth draws a crowd!
Exhibit Experience’s Tips
Exhibit Experience has spent years designing and setting up winning booths at the Las Vegas Convention Center. We know how to make the most of a big show like the SLTS … and we’re sharing the three things we think every exhibitor needs to know before attending SLTS.
Which size booth do you need?
At the SLTC, there are four types of booths available:
- Inline/linear booths
- Arranged in a straight line
- Have neighboring exhibitors
- Always 10’ deep & are available in 10’ x 10’, 10’ x 20’, or 10’ x 30’
- Island booths
- Exposed to an aisle on all four sides
- Typically 20’ x 20’ or larger
- Peninsula booth
- Exposed to an aisle on three sides
- Comprised of a minimum of four booths
- Typically back up to linear booths behind
- Usually 20’ x 20’ or larger
- Split island booth
- Exposed to an aisle on three sides
- Comprised of four booths
- Typically back up to another island booth behind
- Usually 20 x 20 or larger
Question is, which booth will best serve your purpose? And how do you set yourself up for success?
- 10’ x 10’ Exhibit Rentals:
- Ideal for exhibitors launching a collection.
- Room for multiple display cases, 3D graphic wall, custom light display and flooring, and one seating configuration.
- 10’ x 20’ Exhibit Rentals:
- Good solution for those showing several collections
- Has 20’ feet of graphic back wall, multiple seating configurations for demonstration and gem education, in addition to custom light and flooring that come standard with our exhibit rentals.
- 20’ x 20’ Exhibit Rentals & Larger:
- In previous years, we would recommend an exhibit of this size for our custom configurations because they offer demonstration space, enclosures for private viewing, and dozens of other configuration options. However, we understand that many companies have limited budgets this year, which is why our 10×10 and 10×20 options are available.
How to book your spot
First-time exhibitors can go here to contact the SLTS about exhibiting. Once you’ve booked your spot, contact Exhibit Experience. Whether you need a 10×10, 10×20 or larger booth, we offer all-inclusive trade show exhibit booth rentals and can provide custom to custom modular exhibits at a fraction of the cost.
How to cover everything from floor to ceiling
The floor separates your booth from your competitors and is an imperative first impression. Our base-package booths start with standard carpet flooring and include customized flooring options. In fact, we highly recommend choosing one of our many flooring options. For example, the Maple Flex Floor is an industry-standard.
What sort of marketing collateral do you need?
Making the most of your marketing collateral is essential at big industry shows like SLTS. Chargers are the most common giveaway item. So think outside the box! We were impressed one year by a stress ball made in the shape of a tree – it was a highly creative piece of branded collateral. If you’re not sure what to bring, we will help you choose marketing collateral that works for you and makes a statement.
Need some help with your booth?
Exhibit Experience is here for you! We will:
- Design and build your exhibit to the right specs
- Provide 24-hour support throughout the trade show.
- Set up and take down your booth
Exhibit Experience is a local Las Vegas Exhibit House that offers turnkey exhibit booth rental services. We have over two decades of experience delivering custom exhibits and custom modular exhibits that see instant results.
Exhibit Experience produces state-of-the-art exhibits within a variety of budgets. From custom to pre-certified exhibits, we’ll have the booth you need to show your company the right way. Our exhibit management services are all-inclusive, from design to delivery. We will deliver your exhibit on time, on budget, and following all safety protocols.
If you are interested in exhibiting at the SLTS and don’t know where to begin, contact us for a complimentary consultation.