The seventh annual Design and Construction Week is coming up in February. Why is this week so important? Because it’s when the leaders in home building and residential construction will gather in Orlando for the 2022 International Builders’ Show (IBS 2022)!
The 2022 event combines the National Association of Home Builders’ (NAHB) International Builders’ Show with the National Kitchen and Bath Association’s (NKBA) Kitchen and Bath Industry Show. Members of both associations, plus other builders, remodelers, suppliers, manufacturers, engineers and designers, will browse the latest tech, product, trends, and more.
This is the nation’s premier annual residential housing construction trade event for manufacturers and suppliers of home construction products and services. Will your company be there?
Already planning to attend and need an exhibit? Contact International Builders’ Show 2022 trade show booth builder, Exhibit Experience today.
IBS 2022 Details
Date: February 8-10, 2022
Location: Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida
Exhibit Hours: Tuesday, February 8 – Thursday, February 10, 2022 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm daily
Accommodations & Travel
NAHB and IBS organizers have negotiated discounted rates and deals with airlines, hotels, and more. Visit their Hotel & Travel page to book your accommodations and travel.
Health & Safety
The health and safety of all in attendance at IBS 2022 is of utmost importance. Show organizers are working closely with the CDC, state authorities, and local Orlando authorities to ensure all recommendations are followed and precautions are in place. Visit the IBS 2022 Health & Safety Protocol page closer to the day of the show for full details.
Who will be there?
IBS 2022 is the industry’s most comprehensive, business-building event for builders, dealers, and suppliers. Organizers anticipate up to, and over, 60,000 industry professionals in attendance. Attendees want to find the latest products, services and technologies to help their companies become more efficient and effective.
We’ve put together a few statistics to help you better understand who the attendees are and what they want.
Who are the attendees?
In 2020, 49,338 people attended the show, excluding exhibitors and press, plus an additional 12,192 who attended the KBIS 2020. Twenty-two percent of the companies represented have a business volume of $15 million or more. So you want to make sure you speak with the decision-makers; luckily, they make up the majority of the attendees! Just take a look at the business titles of those who attended in 2020:
- 23% Owner, Principal or Partner
- 20% President & CEO
- 14% Sales & Marketing
- 11%VP/General Manager
- 8% Director/Manager
- 6% Construction Management
- 5% Architect, Designer, Engineer
- 4% Consultant
- 3% Administration
- 3% Purchasing
- 2% Installer
They are decision-makers at large national builders, small local builders, custom home builders, and more. Here is a complete list of businesses represented at IBS 2020:
- 41.6% Builders
- 33.3% Single-Family Builders
- 6.4% Multifamily Builders
- 1.9% Active Adult
- 18.7% Wholesale/Retail (Dealer/Distributors)
- 12.2% Professional Specialties
- 8.7% Remodelers
- 8.3% Sub-contractors
- 6.1% Commercial/Land Development
- 3.0% Non-Exhibiting Supplier
- 1.5% Financial Services
What are attendees looking for?
IBS 2022 attendees are looking for:
- Their next supplier or sales partner
- New products
- Inspiring ideas
- New industry trends
- Education from industry experts
- Networking opportunities and connections
If your company can meet any or all of those needs, you’ll want to make certain they come visit your booth while they’re browsing the exhibit hall. Question is… how do you do that?
Exhibiting at IBS 2022
With over 900 exhibits, IBS 2022 represents all segments of the residential construction industry. Click here for their complete 2022 Exhibitor List and scout out if your competitors are on there. Standing out from this extensive crowd might seem impossible but trust us: we know a few things about building the best exhibit booth!
Here are a few things you can do to make sure your booth draws a crowd!
- Pick the focal point and product/service.
- Which of your products best fit attendees’ needs?
- Do you have any new products, services, or technologies that offer solutions to the attendee?
- How can you let attendees experience these new things?
- Design a marketing/content campaign around what’s relevant and what’s new.
- Choose the right booth size for your message.
- 10’ x 10’: ideal for a single product or service or a small line of products. You have room for multiple display cases, 3D graphic wall, custom light display and flooring, and one seating configuration.
- 10 x 20: good solution for those showing a variety of products in the booth. It has 20 feet of graphic back wall, multiple seating configurations for demonstrations and education, in addition to custom light and flooring that come standard with our exhibit rentals.
- 20 x 20: Exhibit Experience usually recommends 20’ x 20’ booths, as these offer demonstration space, enclosures for private viewing, and dozens of other configuration options. However, we understand that many companies have limited budgets this year.
- Decide if you will rent, build or hire an exhibition booth company to create your booth.
- Experience is key when it comes to standing out at large-scale tradeshows.
- Hiring an exhibit booth company will help you go that extra mile.
- Design a memorable in-booth experience.
- No matter the size, your booth should tell a seamless brand story.
- Pro Tip: include an interactive experience for your booth visitors.
- Build and train the right team.
- Having the right booth staff is just as important as having the right design.
- Include a mix of people from sales, technical, customer service and management.
- Ditch the hard sell.
- Instead of trying to get sales, focus instead on how your products or services solve a problem.
- Create an itinerary with the networking and social events, educational sessions, and other activities you want to attend. This way you and your team will know when you’ll be at the booth.
- Follow up. Use the travel time home to send follow-up emails to thank visitors for their time and remind them about your company.
Need some help with your booth? Local Orlando tradeshow booth builder for the upcoming International Builders’ Show 2022, Exhibit Experience is here for you!
Preferred trade show booth builder for the upcoming International Builders’ Show 2022 in Orlando, FL, Exhibit Experience has spent years designing and setting up winning booths. We know how to make the most of a big show like IBS 2022. Our exhibit management services are all-inclusive, from design to delivery. We will deliver your exhibit on time, on budget, and following all safety protocols.
- Design and build your exhibit to the right specs
- Provide 24-hour support throughout the trade show.
- Set up and take down your booth
Exhibit Experience offers turnkey exhibit booth rental services. We produce state-of-the-art exhibits that fit a variety of budgets. From custom to pre-certified exhibits, we’ll have the booth you need to showcase your company the right way. We’ll put our over-two-decades experience to work for you.