This November, the who’s-who of the global meetings industry will meet up in Las Vegas for the 2021 IMEX Americas show. Decision-makers and leaders in the events and meeting industry from the US and around the world will come together at Mandalay Bay to network, share experiences and discover new products and innovations.
Considered the heartbeat of the global business events community, IMEX America is the place to be if you want to put your latest products, services, and innovations in front of both local and international buyers.
Already planning to attend and need an exhibit? Contact Exhibit Experience today.
IMEX America Show Details
Date: November 9 – 11, 2021
Location: Mandalay Bay
Tuesday, November 9: 10am – 5:30pm
Wednesday, November 10: 10am – 5:30pm
Thursday, November 11: 10am – 4:30pm
Health & Safety:
IMEX America and Mandalay Bay are dedicated to ensuring the safety and health of all who attend the show. That’s why they’ve provided health and safety guidelines for both exhibitors and attendees. These protocols and safety measures will be updated as the show date approaches. For complete and up-to-date health and safety policies, consult the Exhibitor and EAC Health and Safety Measures page of their website.
Who attends IMEX America?
“IMEX is about business. But, at its heart, it is about community, relationships, and inspiration.” – IMEX CEO Carina Bauer and Chairman Ray Bloom.
The largest meetings industry trade show in the US, IMEX America’s hosted buyer program hand-picks attendees in order to maximize the range and variety of buyers at the show. These buyers are eager to spend on international and domestic suppliers. This practically guarantees that exhibitors will have many opportunities to meet with a variety of international and North American buyers.
Here is a breakdown of what you might expect from attendees this year:
- Over 50% can recommend or make final buying decision
- Over 65% have 11-20+ years’ experience in the events industry
- Over 73% are from the US and Canada
- Over 25% are International
- Roughly half are Chairmen, CEOs, Directors, Owners, or Partners of their companies
- Roughly half are account managers, event managers, or meeting planners
The 2019 IMEX America show saw 13,500 attendees, including 3,426 hosted buyers from 68 countries, 800 buyer attendees from 28 countries, and 132 press attendees from 14 countries. Over 3,500 exhibiting countries were present!
Attendees were high-quality business professionals with over 40% controlling budgets of $1M to $10M. They come from global tourist offices and convention bureaus, major hotel companies, conference and exhibition centers, cruise lines, airlines, spa resorts, technology providers, event management specialists, and many more industries.
“We are laser-focused on building upon our already outstanding global partnerships to deliver our high-quality hosted buyer program and educational content.” – IMEX CEO Carina Bauer and Chairman Ray Bloom.
In addition to the trade show, attendees and exhibitors will also have access to the over 100 educational events running throughout IMEX America… free of charge. Several education and learning formats are available to ensure you’re comfortable learning in the way you prefer best:
- Campfires: small group sessions and informal discussions
- Hot topic tables: peer-to-peer learning with small, moderated discussions
- Expert clinics: One-to-one sessions with the IMEX speakers
- Research pod: information about the latest industry research
- Seminars: classroom-style learning sessions with industry expert speakers
- Discover zone: discover new concepts, acts, and ideas
Read more about the educational opportunities on the IMEX America “what’s on” page.
Why exhibit at IMEX America?
“We are building upon our already outstanding global partnerships and initiatives to deliver the quality buyers and opportunities our exhibitors are used to, so you can exhibit with confidence.” – IMEX America.
If you’re in the meeting and events industry, there are a few really good reasons why you should exhibit at IMEX America.
Extremely Eager and Qualified Buyers
Most attendees at IMEX America are hosted buyers; this means that the show organizers screen them to ensure they are qualified, verified companies, decisions makers and buyers. Everyone at the show is ready to spend and looking for the next big thing in the events and meetings market. Combine this with the IMEX America show’s unique buyer-led appointment system, and you have everything you need to get ahead.
Increase Brand Awareness
At the show, you have the opportunity to get your brand in front of over 3,500 hosted buyers. According to the 2019 show feedback, four out of five booth coordinators show a significant increase in brand awareness after the show.
Tools and support built into the experience
From the show’s support team to the fully rebuilt online exhibitor tools and directory, IMEX America has pulled out all the stops to ensure that every exhibitor has the best chance possible to get their brand out there.
How much will it cost?
According to the show’s exhibitor webpage, you can book one of two ways:
- Space only – $118 per square foot: this is for floor space only; you will need to build your booth (we can help with that!)
- Hard-wall booth – $138 per square foot: this includes their essential furniture package and your choice of carpet color.
- Minimum size is 10’ x 10’
Booth prices include the following benefits:
- Exclusive online exhibitor directory
- Online appointment schedules with appointments set by buyers
- Comprehensive marketing toolkit to target and attract buyers
- Booth presentations for groups of buyers
- Group appointments arranged by IMEX*
- Media and PR support
- Comprehensive support, guides, and videos
- High-quality education programs, including Smart Monday
Make sure they see you while they’re there! Exhibit Experience will help you stand out from the crowd.
Expert Advice from Exhibit Experience
Depending on your target audience and product, there are certain booth sizes and configurations that work better than others. An exhibit house that has never built for the IMEX America show may not provide the right booth size for your needs. This will make it difficult for you to get the most out of this high-profile show.
Here are a few tips for how to make sure your booth is a success at the IMEX America show:
- Determine your booth plan: will you rent, build or use existing materials?
- Design a memorable in-booth experience: No matter the size, your booth should tell a seamless brand story. Pro Tip: include an interactive experience for your booth visitors.
- Build and train the right team: having the right booth staff is just as important as having the right design; include a mix of people from sales, technical, customer service, and management.
- Ditch the hard sell: Instead of trying to get sales, focus instead on solving the challenges your audience faces each day.
Exhibit Experience can help you plan for the perfect show; we will:
- Design and build your exhibit to the right specs
- Provide 24-hour support throughout the trade show.
- Set up and take down your booth
Exhibit Experience produces state-of-the-art exhibits within a variety of budgets. From custom to pre-certified exhibits, we’ll have the booth you need to show off your company the right way. Our exhibit management services are all-inclusive, from design to delivery. We will deliver your exhibit on time, on budget, and following all safety protocols.
If you are interested in exhibiting at the IMEX America show and don’t know where to begin, contact us for a complimentary consultation.