This October, boat enthusiasts and marina curious consumers and exhibitors alike will meet up in Fort Lauderdale for the Ft Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS). The largest in-water boat and marine exhibits show in the world, FLIBS is a five-day outdoor event that showcases boating products, accessories, powerboats, yachts and so much more.
Considered the major economic driver of the marine industry, FLIBS is the place to be if you want to put your latest marine and boating products and innovations in front of national consumers.
Already planning to attend and need an exhibit? Contact Exhibit Experience today.
Who attends the Ft Lauderdale International Boat Show?
“Area manufacturers, brokers, and marine service professionals whose businesses impact the local economy all year will be joined by their global counterparts showcasing the best products and services the industry has to offer.” – Phil Purcell, CEO/President of the MIASF
The largest in-water boat show in the world, FLIBS draws crowds made up of everyone and anyone in the boating and marine world. From manufacturers and professionals to consumers and hobbyists, the over 100,000 guests are both local and international. Fifty-two countries were represented at the 2021 show.
What happens at FLIBS?
The show spans nearly 90 acres with over three million square feet of exhibition space, six miles of floating docks, and seven locations. So, there’s a lot going on during the show. Attendees can visit…
- The Superyacht Village, which showcases superyachts and exhibits for shipyards, personal submarines, and exotic collectible automotive items.
- Windward VIP Club, which features shore and water views, a premium open bar, and gourmet food.
- AquaZone, a live-action attraction to demonstrate water sports and marine products to show-goers.
- Culinary Experience, more delicious food than you can eat in a weekend from Corporate Executive Chef Vagn Nielsen
- And More
Why exhibit at FLIBS?
If you’re in the boating and marine products industry, FLIBS is the place to be to increase sales and gain exposure for your brand. They offer exhibit space in the water along one of their floating docks or on land in their exhibition space. Here’s why you should exhibit at the world’s largest in-water boat show:
Extremely Eager and Qualified Buyers
Most attendees at FLIBS are avid boat enthusiasts at the very least, and many are very interested in purchasing the latest products and innovations for their personal, business, or retail use. This means everyone at the show is ready to spend and looking for the next big thing.
Increase Brand Awareness
FLIBS consistently boasts high attendance. They also invest in effective marketing initiates and media coverage for their show and exhibitors. This translates into high sales rates and increased ROI for everyone who displays or demos a product at the show.
Showcase Boats, Yachts, and Watercraft
This is probably the only show when you can showcase your boat, yacht, or watercraft as it should be seen – in the water. With six miles of floating docks, you can set your floating “booth” up at the main site – Bahia Mar Yachting Center – or one of the other sites: Fort Lauderdale Hilton Marina, Las Olas Marina, Pier66, and Super Yacht Village at Pier South. These locations are ideal for displaying boats, yachts, and other watercraft as they should be seen!
FLIBS anticipates over 1,000 exhibitors and over 1,300 boats on display. This means it’ll be a unique challenge to make a splash in the crowded sea! Exhibit Experience is here to help you sail the seven seas with confidence.
Expert Advice from Exhibit Experience
Depending on your target audience and product, there are certain exhibition sizes and configurations that work better than others.
Here are a few tips for how to make sure your booth is a success at the FLIBS:
- Determine your booth plan: will you rent, build or use existing materials?
- Design a memorable in-booth experience: No matter the size, your booth should tell a seamless brand story. Pro Tip: include an interactive experience for your booth visitors.
- Build and train the right team: having the right booth staff is just as important as having the right design; include a mix of people from sales, technical, customer service, and management.
- Ditch the hard sell: Instead of trying to get sales, focus instead on solving the challenges your audience faces each day.
Exhibit Experience can help you plan for the perfect show; we will:
- Design and build your exhibit to the right specs
- Provide 24-hour support throughout the trade show.
- Set up and take down your booth
Exhibit Experience produces state-of-the-art exhibits within a variety of budgets. From custom to pre-certified exhibits, we’ll have the booth you need to show off your company the right way. Our exhibit management services are all-inclusive, from design to delivery. We will deliver your exhibit on time, on budget, and following all safety protocols.
If you are interested in exhibiting at the FLIBS and don’t know where to begin, contact us today for a complimentary consultation.